He.she loves me, a little, a lot, passionately. Since the 14th century, the month of February has been the symbol of love! In this particular time and if you can't enjoy an evening at the restaurant, we have concocted some easy-to-make ideas for you to have an equally pleasant time at home.
Luce's love potion
The recipe for an invigorating massage oil
With only 2 ingredients to ignite the senses and pleasure:
- 10 g of fresh cayenne peppers
- 50ml vegetable oil such as coconut, olive or sunflower
- Put the peppers and the oil in a pan in a bain-marie
- Heat everything over low heat then leave to infuse for 1 hour and cool
- Strain the peppers and bottle your massage oil in a clean bottle.
Luce's tip: this massage oil can also be used in case of muscle pain since cayenne pepper has a warming effect.
Amazing herbs and spices
Many plants and spices have been associated for thousands of years with the power of love.
A lavender-scented letter
Photo credit: Pexels
Less known than the rose, lavender is the symbol of peaceful love. Declaring your love in a letter is certainly a very beautiful authentic gesture and the most beautiful gift. Spray it with a cloud of lavender perfume or slip in some dried flowers for decoration.
You can also share a privileged moment and enjoy the benefits of lavender (relaxation, calming) thanks to our lavender massage oil or our bath salt . It is suitable for pregnant and breastfeeding women since it is free of essential oils.
Tip from Luce: to perfect the relaxation, also discover our infusion with flowers from the Alps which contains lavender.
A bewitching bath with rose petals
Relax your body and mind in a floral bath! In addition to awakening the senses, rose water is recognized for its de-stressing, revitalizing and protective effect on the epidermis.
3 long inspirations and expirations will be enough to make you feel total well-being.
Prepare the mixture in a bottle, according to the recipe below:
- 125 ml of rose water, ideally Damascus rose which offers a powerful and flowery scent
- 1 tablespoon of sweet almond oil or our neutral daisy oil which promotes skin tone
- 3 drops of geranium or ho wood essential oils (Recommendation: not suitable for pregnant and breastfeeding women)
- Dried and untreated rose petals at will for the decoration of the bath water!
- Run a good hot bath, pour the mixture into it near the jet and add the rose petals.
For a subdued and warm atmosphere, place a few elements diffusing a soft light and savor this moment of relaxation.
Tip from Luce: Did you receive a bouquet of roses? Remember to dry the petals for later use.
Photo credit: Unsplash
Sweet clove and ginger infusion
Photo credit: Belle Luce Natural Cosmetics
It's THE ideal drink to enjoy for a Valentine's Day for two, toasty warm.
- In a large enough infuser, arrange between 3 and 8 cloves per cup and a few slices of fresh ginger
- Pour boiling water and leave to infuse for ten minutes.
- Remove the infuser and add in each cup 1 spoon of honey according to your taste in order to sweeten the drink which can be rather bitter.
Recommendation: do not drink more than 1-2 cups per day.
Cinnamon and dark chocolate, a stimulating combination
Photo credit: Unsplash
There's nothing better to warm your heart and mind than a delicious dark chocolate dessert. Indeed, it contains the pleasure hormone, called phenylethylamine , and magnesium, which facilitates blood circulation.
Cinnamon has anti-inflammatory properties and helps relax muscles. Its recognizable aroma among a thousand is also recognized for its positive action on the libido.
Take the dark chocolate cake recipe (min. 70%) of your choice and add a few powdered cinnamon flakes to it according to your taste.
For more indulgence, decorate your dessert with a few sprigs of cinnamon or chocolate shavings.
Tip from Luce : sprinkle a few dried flowers with our herbal tea with 7 flowers of the Alps for a more shimmering and colorful look!